Continuation of COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control procedures at The Old Dairy Health Centre from Monday 19th July 2021
Since March 2020, we have made several changes to how we operate as a practice to try and protect our staff and patients from COVID-19 infection.
On 19th July, nationally we will be entering the next stage of the roadmap out of lockdown which will mean a general relaxation in the rules regarding mask wearing and social distancing.
Operating in a health care setting, however, it is vital that the practice remains a safe place for all our patients, especially those who are particularly vulnerable to COVID. It is also important to keep our staff healthy and well so they can continue to support you and deliver effective healthcare.
For this reason, as a practice, we will continue to have a range of measures in place to reduce the number of patients needing to attend the practice and to ensure that the risk of infection is minimised for those who do attend.
From Monday 19th July, we will therefore continue to ask all patients to:
- Answer our triage questions prior to entering the surgery
- Always wear a face mask whilst in the surgery (If medically exempt we have face visors available which can be used).
- Use the hand hygiene gel provided
- Maintain social distancing, including in the waiting area and when talking to our receptionists.
These measures aim to protect staff and patients from the spread of infection and are also in line with Government Guidelines.
- The need for a face-to-face appointment will continue to be assessed by a clinician over the phone first.
- Most problems can be dealt with by telephone, but if you need to be seen face-to-face a clinician will arrange this with you over the phone.
- You can request an online consultation with a doctor, nurse or pharmacist by visiting our ‘Consulting Room’ at https://www.theodhc.co.uk/digitalpractice/consulting-room/. Please note that this online option is NOT intended as a means of requesting a phone consultation.
With many thanks for your continued understanding and co-operation.
Best wishes from
The Partners and Staff at The Old Dairy Health Centre